Central Stores Business Plan Update Re: COVID-19
Effective: March 24, 2020 - Updated June 22, 2020
Operational hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Receiving - all vendors, couriers and inbound mail. For questions email Receiving
- Shipping - outbound shipments*. For questions email Trevor Beatson
- Outbound mail - as arranged. For questions email Rob McMurren
- Delivery on campus - supplies and other ordered items (primarily health/wellness and materials for active working labs). For questions email Joel Norris
Items received are being delivered to final destination points, as permitted. All other items will be held at Central Stores and delivered when operations resume.
*Central Stores Shipping will pick up shipments, on campus and when arranged through email Trevor Beatson. Shipments can also be dropped off at Central Stores. All shipments must have the Agile Shipping form attached, or otherwise a completed waybill and commercial invoices for outside companies paying for the return shipping. All dry ice / dangerous good "critical" shipments will still have the regular 11:30 am cut off time.*
If you receive a suspicious letter or parcel
- Immediately advise University of Waterloo Campus Police (x84911) of the situation
- Do not handle, shake, smell or taste
- Do not attempt to clean up resulting spills, e.g. powder, liquid, etc.
- Isolate the article and evacuate the immediate vicinity
- Anyone who has handled the article should immediately wash their hands with soap and water
- Remove any contaminated clothing and place in plastic bag or sealed container
Campus Police/Local Police will conduct a threat assessment to determine and coordinate the appropriate response.
Note: Anything that was handled through Central Stores has already been inspected by Central Stores staff. When in doubt, contact Joel Norris.
Tips for enhancing mail safety
- Do not leave mail unattended
- Secure mail whenever possible
- Be alert to suspicious activity or persons in the mail area
- Report suspicious activity to Campus Police (x84911)