This message was originally sent to students by:
- Chris Read, Associate Provost, Students
- Sarah Hadley, Director, Finance
- Abbie Simpson, President (WUSA)
- Naima Samuel, President & CEO (GSA)
- We are reducing incidental fees for fall 2020
- We will only charge fees that support your learning and wellbeing
We know that COVID-19 continues to have a significant effect on your university experience. We are doing everything we can to give you the support you need to keep studying towards your degree.
Recognizing that we have changed some of our student services and that some are not accessible to you when you are studying at a distance from our campuses, leaders from the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA), the Graduate Students Association (GSA) and the University have again reviewed all incidental fees.
This fall term, we will not charge you for a number of fees, including:
- WUSA fees for the Grand River Transit UPass
- WUSA fee for undergraduate Orientation
- WUSA and GSA fees for specific student association and society fees
- Fees related to Athletics and Recreation
We will continue to charge fees that support your learning and wellbeing. These supports remain in place and many are still available to you even when you are not physically on campus.
Many services and supports continue to be available to help you learn and study. You can find a list of modified services on the COVID-19 website. Visit the WUSA and GSA websites for more information specific to undergraduate and graduate students.
Your fall 2020 fee bill is available in Quest. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to fees or fee bills. You can also contact your student government for questions about the services these fees provide.