**Note: Our online application will not be available from October 04, 2017 until October 10, 2017 to accommodate a system upgrade.
Step 1: Complete your online application
The University of Waterloo has contracted with the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) to provide application processing services. When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will complete and submit your application. You will be required to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC Account. Direct any application process questions to the OUAC.
- Select your program: visit our program pages for more information
- Enter your personal and application information
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $100 CAD per program
Note: When you're finished this step, and your application fee has been processed through OUAC, we will receive your application information within one to two business days.
A few tips:
- Learn more about reference requirements and selecting your referees by visiting our references webpage.
- You will enter the names and email addresses of your referees in this step. Be sure to contact your referees in advance to make sure that they are available.
- Referees are given two weeks to complete the reference form, so be sure to complete this step at least two weeks before your program’s application deadline.
Apply to the correct program:
Please ensure you apply to the correct program and department. Once your application has been submitted, you cannot change the program you originally selected. Changes to your program selection require a new application and application fee payment.