Welcome to the graduate studies community at the University of Waterloo.
As a new student beginning a program in the winter 2021 term, you will have access to Waterloo Grad Ready – a virtual transition and orientation program to support you as you begin your graduate program.
Over the course of eight weeks, Waterloo Grad Ready will offer you a suite of resources to prepare you for graduate studies at the University of Waterloo, including:
- a winter 2021 new student checklist;
- opportunities to build connections with other incoming students;
- resources to help you transition to graduate life at the University of Waterloo; and
- live sessions to welcome you to campus and support your ongoing graduate experience.
Waterloo Grad Ready will be delivered through UWaterloo’s online learning management system, LEARN.
Access to Waterloo Grad Ready – winter 2021
Waterloo Grad Ready for winter 2021 incoming graduate students will launch on December 1. New graduate students who have been matriculated (made active in their program) by November 30 will be granted access, in LEARN, on December 1.
New graduate students matriculated for winter 2021 after November 30 will be added to Waterloo Grad Ready on a weekly basis. You will receive an email when you are able to access Waterloo Grad Ready.
If you’ve never accessed LEARN before, watch our short instructional video:
Activating your UWaterloo email address
As soon as you are matriculated (made active in your program) you can activate your Office 365 account, including your official University of Waterloo email address. Follow the steps on the Office 365 webpage to activate your account.
Initial communication about Waterloo Grad Ready will be sent to your home (non-University of Waterloo) email address and will remind you to activate your UWaterloo email address. Further communication about Waterloo Grad Ready, and all official communication from the University of Waterloo, will be sent to your UWaterloo email address. Please ensure you are checking this account regularly.
Note: If you already have a University of Waterloo email address that you are able to access (e.g. you were formerly an undergraduate student at University of Waterloo or are a current staff member), you will not be assigned a second email address and can continue using the email address you already have access to.
As you begin navigating Waterloo Grad Ready and preparing for the winter 2021 term, there are many staff on campus available to support you:
Immigration questions and support:
- The University of Waterloo has an experienced and dedicated team of Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) who assist new and current students. Visit the Immigration Consulting web page to submit an online inquiry or to book an appointment.
COVID-19 related questions:
- Visit the COVID-19 updates for graduate students web page for information about COVID-19 as a new student.
- Please feel free to reach out to your graduate program co-ordinator for assistance.
Questions about access to campus:
- Many campus buildings remain closed or open with modified hours, and staff and faculty continue to work remotely. For updated information on accessing campus, including faculty processes and contacts for graduate students to request access to non-laboratory space, please visit the COVID-19 Information website.
Questions about Grad Ready:
- If you have questions about Waterloo Grad Ready, please contact the Grad Ready team at email@example.com.