- Sign in to Quest.
- Select the Personal Information tile.
- Select the applicable tab. Types of personal information that can be viewed or updated in Quest:
Your student record can include two types of addresses: a HOME and a MAIL address.
- If you only see a HOME address, you should add a MAIL address.
- It is important to keep your address information up-to-date at all times.
- If you know you will be moving in the future and know the address, use the future-date feature (see step 3 of Change my address).
- If you are temporarily living somewhere other than the address recorded as your HOME (perhaps a local Waterloo address), it is to your advantage to ensure this local address is recorded as your MAIL address. Otherwise, you may experience unwanted delays in getting important mail.
Tips for writing your address
- Ensure that the address is valid. How to achieve this:
- The province/country should match the city's location (e.g., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and not Vancouver, Ontario, China).
- Key fields are not left blank (e.g., street, city, province, postal code).
- The postal code is valid and appears in the following format: A#A #A#.
- Use proper capitalization: capitalize street names and cities (e.g., University Avenue and not UNIVERSITY AVENUE nor university avenue).
- Your current address(es) is displayed. Select the edit (pencil) icon next to the address you wish to update (Note: This will override the previous address for the chosen address type - MAIL or HOME).
- Enter the new address information and select OK.
- If applicable, change your country first. Select Change Country and select the appropriate country from the Look Up Country box. Enter up to the first three characters of the country name in begins with and then select the Look Up button. Select the appropriate country from the produced results.
- Additional information for international addresses (as applicable):
- Address 1 line: Room number, unit number, building number and name
- Address 2 line: Street number and name, district name
- Review the updated address information.
- Check the appropriate address type: Home or Mail.
- Note: You can future-date an address change by editing the Date changes will take effect.
- Save or use the Edit Address link if additional changes are required. The system will confirm that the save was successful. Select OK.
- The screen will display your updated address(es).
- Select Add a new address.
- Follow the steps above for Change an address.
- Update applicable box(es), e.g., Phone Type, Telephone number, etc. Select Save. A Saved confirmation will be displayed.
- Select Add a Phone Number.
- Choose your Phone Type from the drop-down options, enter your telephone number, and update your preferred contact phone number by selecting the Preferred phone checkbox. Select the Save button. A Saved confirmation will be displayed.
- Select the delete (garbage can) icon for the phone number that is to be removed. Note: You'll not be able to delete a home telephone number. Select Save.
- Select Yes - Delete to confirm deletion or No - Do Not Delete to exit without saving. A new screen showing the successful deletion will appear.
Your campus email is the official means of communication used by the University. It is important for you to keep your email address up to date while you are a student. See the statement on official student email address for information and guidelines. Note: Alumni should use the Alumni address update form.
- Use the WATIAM button to go to the WatIAM system site to maintain your campus email address. To delete your alternate email address(es), select the Delete button next to the applicable email address(es).
- Follow the instructions on the WatIAM system site. Note: Changes in WatIAM will be reflected in Quest the next business day.
- Select the Add an Emergency Contact button.
- On the Emergency Contacts page:
- Emergency Contact Detail section: enter the Contact Name and select the Relationship from the drop-down list.
- Contact's Address section: either check Same Address as Individual or select Edit Address.
- Edit Address box: enter the address. Select Change Country if applicable. Select OK. The screen will refresh with the entered information.
- Contact's Phone section: either check Same Phone as Individual or select the Add a Phone Number button.
- Select Save. The system will confirm that the save was successful. Select OK.
- A new screen will appear with the emergency contact name and phone.
- Select the edit (pencil) icon of the applicable emergency contact.
- Change emergency contact information as appropriate, following steps in Add an Emergency Contact above.
- Select the delete (garbage can) icon.
- Select Yes - Delete to proceed or No - Do Not Delete to exit without saving.
- The system will refresh the screen with the updated information.
Your personal demographic information will display.
If any of the information has changed or is incorrect, submit a request (with supporting documentation, if applicable) to The Centre.