Welcome to the Student Service Centre

Whether you are a new student stopping by to pick up your WatCard for the first time, a current student with questions about how to enrol in courses, or an alum requesting a duplicate diploma, we are here to help you. The Centre is your go-to place for many administrative and financial needs. If we don't know the answer to your question, we are happy to direct you to someone who can help.

Stop by and see us on the first floor of Needles Hall (NH), Ask our bot a question, send us an email, or reach out in one of the many ways you can contact us.

Service highlights:

  • Financial inquiries (e.g., OSAP, other provincial funding, awards and bursaries, scholarships, work-study, emergency loans, tuition fees, promissory notes, tax receipts, paying/removing holds, UHIP)
  • Official documents (e.g., transcripts, letter of enrolment, diplomas, CPP form)
  • Quest course enrolment (e.g., course overrides, course registration questions, transfer credits)
  • Record updates (e.g., name change, plan modification, residency changes) Note: You can also email these forms to askthecentre@uwaterloo.ca.
  • Service Canada (e.g.,  issuing and renewing SINs on select dates)
  • WatCard (e.g., pick up your WatCard, request replacement card, general inquiries etc.) 

  1. Nov. 16, 2023Quest scheduled maintenance

    What is happening? Quest will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance.

    When is this happening?

  2. Nov. 9, 2023We're taking over Instagram!
    The Centre student takeover

    Be sure to check out the UWaterloolife Instagram channel on November 14, when two of our student staff will be taking over! Jabulina Shongwe and Phillida Lim will showcase some of the services of The Centre, give you a behind-the-scenes look, and there may even be a giveaway... don't miss it!

  3. Oct. 20, 2023New expanded Proof of Enrolment Letters

    Expanded Proof of Enrolment Letters are now available for download in Quest. The initial version of these letters includes information that can be downloaded for free and used for

    • Employers
    • Registered Education Savings Plans (Canada-RESPs),
    • Insurance providers
    • Canada Pension Plan (CPP) 

    The new, expanded Proof of Enrolment Letters can also be downloaded for free and can be used for

Read all news