How to order duplicate diplomas:
- Using your University of Waterloo username and password, log in to our online e-commerce Duplicate Diploma Request Form. If you are unable to log in to your account complete the Forgotten username and/or Forgotten password self-serve forms. If you are still unable to access your account connect with Service Desk to reset your password manually. Service Desk can also create an account for anyone that has graduated with a degree from the University of Waterloo.
Duplicate diplomas are identical to the original diploma, with the exception of the word "duplicate" which appears at the bottom of the document. You may order as many duplicate diplomas as you require.
Duplicate diploma requests are typically processed within five business days, plus delivery.
Gender neutral degree nomenclature
Gender-neutral degree nomenclature (Baccalaureate, Magisteriate): Graduates who have previously been awarded a UWaterloo degree may request that their degree be re-issued in the gender-neutral nomenclature.
Note: The gender-neutral term (Baccalaureate, Magisteriate) will only appear on your diploma. Transcripts and any degree verification will only refer to the traditional nomenclature (Bachelor, Master). This terminology discrepancy between documents may result in border-crossing issues.
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Each duplicate diploma is $20 (includes GST). We accept the following methods of payment:
- Cash (in person)
- Cheque payable to University of Waterloo (by mail or in person)
- Interac Debit (in person)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express (in person or online via e-commerce)
- WatCard (in person or by email)
Note: Orders submitted in error will not be refunded.
Additional delivery fees
|$10 - Anywhere in the world|
|Courier (within Canada)||Courier (outside Canada)|
|$20 - Ontario||$35 - United States|
|$30 - other provinces/territories||$45 - international|
Duplicate diplomas can only be ordered once a student convocates and has obtained an original copy of their diploma. Diplomas are produced in the current 15.5" X 10.5" size. Diplomas issued prior to 2011 were issued in a different size and that size cannot be replicated.
HAS YOUR NAME CHANGED?
If your name has changed since you attended Waterloo and you would like to have your current name appear on your duplicate diploma, do not proceed with the duplicate diploma request form. Instead, please submit:
- a completed Update Legal Name Form along with supporting documentation, then
- a Replacement Diploma Request Form.