Early diploma requests are reserved for students with unique circumstances only.
Requirements to receive a diploma before convocation:
To qualify for an early diploma, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You have a time-sensitive application for a TN (or TN1) Visa. Upload your fully-signed US job offer that includes your start date, which can be up to 30 days after your convocation ceremony.
- You have other immigration-related circumstances that require an early diploma. Upload proof of requirement or meet with an Immigration Consultant and upload validation of the requirement.
- You have an educational opportunity that requires your diploma (as opposed to evidence of degree completion). Upload communication from the academic institution stating the original diploma is a requirement.
- You have a professional opportunity that requires your diploma (as opposed to evidence of degree completion). Obtain and submit a request from your proposed employer, on their letterhead, that indicates that the diploma is necessary for your appointment.
- The request for an early diploma is submitted
If you receive an early diploma, you will not receive a diploma at an in-person convocation ceremony.
The convocation checklist is a helpful tool which includes steps you must take for graduation. Apply to graduate before submitting your early diploma request. Orders can only be submitted during your final term of study and orders submitted too early may be cancelled.
Students with a start date before the date official grades are released, may need to negotiate a later start date with their potential employer as the diploma cannot be released before this date.
If you completed your degree in a prior term, your order can be processed when received.
Early diploma submissions for June 2024 will open after you have submitted your application to graduate for June 2024.
Requests for early diplomas can only be submitted once “Degree Awarded” appears at the top of your unofficial transcript. Orders submitted too early may be cancelled.
If the degree awarded section is not showing on your unofficial transcript, contact your department/program co-ordinator and ensure they have submitted all completion paperwork to the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs office. Once the paperwork is submitted, “Degree Awarded” will appear on your transcript within 3-5 business days.
ORDERING AND PROCESSING INFORMATION
Requests for Early Diplomas submitted within three weeks of the first convocation ceremony cannot be considered and will be cancelled.
If you have an urgent need to receive your original diploma prior to convocation, submit a Request for Early Diploma and upload your supporting document/proof of need.
Note: Personal information, such as salary, can be redacted from the documents for privacy reasons.
If you aren't sure if you meet the qualifications, email email@example.com for clarification before placing your order.
If you are in your final term of study, early diplomas cannot be released before the standing decisions and official grades are available. Faculty approvals can normally take up to three weeks from the start of the next term.
Early diplomas are produced with the information that was confirmed at the time of printing. It is possible that credentials such as "with distinction" or "Dean's honours" could be confirmed after the early diploma has been printed. If you wish to have your diploma updated to include credentials that were confirmed after printing, order a Replacement Diploma.
Early diploma requests are processed within two weeks, provided that valid supporting documents are submitted, and “Degree Awarded” appears on your transcript.
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
There is a $50 non-refundable fee. We accept the following methods of payments:
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express (online)
Early diplomas can be sent by courier at no additional fee or can be made available for pick up.