A replacement diploma can be ordered if the original diploma is lost, damaged, or a legal name is changed. The original diploma must either be returned or proof of destruction must be shown.
If the original diploma is lost, complete and submit the Statutory Declaration (PDF) with your request.
ORDERING AND PROCESSING INFORMATION
- Using your University of Waterloo username and password, log in to our online e-commerce Replacement Diploma Request Form.
- If you are unable to log in to your account complete the Forgotten username and/or Forgotten password forms. If you are still unable to access your account connect with Service Desk to reset your password manually. Service Desk can also create an account for anyone that has graduated with a degree from the University of Waterloo.
- If you were enrolled prior to September 2001, contact The Centre to request your replacement diploma.
Requests are typically processed within five business days, plus delivery.
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Each replacement diploma is $20 (includes GST). Orders submitted in error will not be refunded. We accept the following methods of payment:
- Cash (in person)
- Cheque payable to University of Waterloo (by mail or in person)
- Interac Debit (in person)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express (in person or online)
- WatCard (in person or by email)
Additional delivery fees
|$10 - Anywhere in the world
|Courier (within Canada)
|Courier (outside Canada)
|$20 - Ontario
|$35 - United States
|$30 - other provinces/territories
|$45 - international
HAS YOUR NAME CHANGED?
If your name has changed since you attended Waterloo and you would like to have your current name appear on your diploma, you'll first need to have your name changed on your student record.
COMMISSIONER FOR TAKING AFFIDAVITS
GENDER NEUTRAL DEGREE NOMENCLATURE
Gender-neutral degree nomenclature (Baccalaureate, Magisteriate): Graduates who have previously been awarded a Waterloo degree may request that their degree be re-issued in the gender-neutral nomenclature.
The gender-neutral term (Baccalaureate, Magisteriate) will only appear on your diploma. Transcripts and any degree verification will only refer to the traditional nomenclature (Bachelor, Master). This terminology discrepancy between documents may result in border-crossing issues.
Diplomas are produced in the current 15.5" X 10.5" size. Diplomas issued prior to 2011 were issued in a different size and that size cannot be replicated.
Diploma request forms and original diplomas can be mailed to the following address:
Needles Hall South, First Floor
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1