To streamline the application process, as of October 7, we will require that you submit your proof of vaccination to the Campus verification system or complete the accommodation process through Campus before receiving a room offer for Campus Housing. For those who have submitted your proof of vaccination to the Campus Housing verification system, your data will be transfered to the Campus verification system. This change was done to simplify the experience of submitting your proof of vaccination. 

We encourage you to submit your vaccine verification at the time you apply for residence. This step will allow us to send out offers more quickly. We appreciate your help in keeping our residence and campus communities safe!

If you are an international student without access to a Health Canada approved vaccine please email 

Online application forms

Goose icon.

Undergraduate – First years 

Straight out of high school or new to post-secondary education? If you have been admitted to a first-year program, you're considered an incoming first-year student. The following applications are now open: 

Please note that first-year applications for the fall residence guarantee require a residence deposit at the time of application. For all other terms, you will not have to pay a deposit when submitting an application. When you receive an offer, you will be required to accept your residence contract and pay a deposit to confirm your space. 

Gaming icon.

Undergraduate – Upper years  

Returning to residence or interested in living on campus for your next term? You are considered an upper-year student. We offer dedicated upper-year floors and programming tailored to the upper-year experience. The following applications are now open: 

  • Fall 2021 (fall/winter or fall/spring)
    • Due to high numbers of first year applicants to the University for fall 2021 and Campus Housing's first-year residence guarantee, we will likely have a limited number of upper-year spaces this fall.

  • Winter 2022 (Only)

Please note that you will not have to pay a deposit when submitting an application. When you receive an offer, you will be required to accept your residence contract and pay a deposit to confirm your space. 


Music icon.

Undergraduate – Exchange  

Accepted to Waterloo through an affiliated exchange program? You are considered an exchange student. Welcome! Please note that we will not be able to assign you to a residence if you have not yet been accepted to the University of Waterloo. The following applications are now open: 

Sustainability icon.

Graduate students including 

Exchange & Optometry  

Enrolled in a masters, professional, or doctorate program? Campus Housing offers graduate students and optometry students one-term, renewable contracts in our dedicated graduate townhouse community. You can stay in residence as long as you are registered full-time with the University. If you are bringing dependents to Waterloo, please refer to the Family housing application. The following applications are now open: 

  • Fall 2021 *Our graduate housing space is currently full for the fall 2021 term. 
  • Winter 2022 *Please note our available space is limited for the winter 2022 term.

Coffee icon


Bringing your family to campus with you? Waterloo students with live-in dependents are eligible for family residence. Bring your spouse or partner and/or up to two children to live with you in our family residence community in Columbia Lake Village-North. Learn more about family housing and apply below: 

Apply now


Important Fee Information

Pro-rated contracts 

If you accept a residence contract for a term that have already begun, residence fees will be prorated from the date of contract acceptance. 

Financial Responsibility 

Our terms and conditions state that students who have accepted their residence contract are held financially responsible for the full length of their contract. 

This means—should you choose to cancel your contract—you will be required to pay your full residence fees. 

Learn more about our withdrawal or cancellation policies here

Help & Support

Confused about which application to use? Contact us, we're here to help!