If you are withdrawing from residence or cancelling your residence contract while remaining academically enrolled at the University, you are financially responsible for your contract.  An option to be relieved of the financial responsibility is to find another University of Waterloo student who meets Campus Housing eligibility criteria to replace you in your contract. This releases you from the financial responsibility to pay for your contract. 

Please note that due to COVID-19 we will not be allowing contract replacements for the 2021/22 academic years. Contract replacements will resume Fall 2022 for the 2022/2023 academic year.

Fall 2022 Replacements

Students that withdraw or cancel their residence contract can find another University of Waterloo student to serve as their contract replacement for financial relief.  The replacement student must meet Campus Housing eligibility criteria. We encourage students that are still enrolled at the University but cancel their residence contract to utilize this option for financial relief from their contract. 

Learn more about how the replacement process works.  

Frequently Asked Questions