Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
#UWRoomGoals Winner 2017
#UWRoomGoals Favourites 2017
Size: 320 residents
Rooms: 4-bedroom suite
Meal plan: Optional
Community: First-year and upper-year students
Mascot: MKV Crown
First-year contract: Fall-Winter
Upper-year contract: Fall-Winter
Building: MKV consists of 2 wings. Each wing has 4 floors, with 40 residents and 1 don living on each floor. Most floors are co-ed, but each suite is single gender. Upper-years can request a mixed-gender suite.
Features and amenities
Available to all residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Front Desk offers: photocopying, stamp purchases, parcel pick-up and mail distribution. You can also visit the front desk to sign out: equipment, facilities, movies and games.
All rooms and common areas include an unlimited high-speed Internet (ResNet) connection.
Dons are upper-year students living on each floor in residence to provide students with mentorship and support.
Heat, electricity, water and Internet are all included with your residence fee.
WatCard operated laundry facilities are located in the main laundry facility. Irons and ironing boards are also available from the Front Desk for you to use.
MKV is the only suite-style residence with air conditioning available.
As a UWaterloo resident, you have access to amenities located in other residences including: gaming tables, movies, multi-faith room, music rooms, fitness rooms, tutoring centres, cafeterias and study rooms.
Please note due to the guest policy during COVID-19, residents are not able to visit other residences until further notice.
MKV residents have access to: pool, ping pong, foosball, board games and movies.
At this time, shuttles are not operational due to COVID-19.
Study and meeting rooms
Residents are able to book shared rooms and spaces for group meetings or study sessions.
A bike room is available to Mackenzie King Village residents. This is a safe and dry place to store your bike. Outdoor bike racks are also available.
Eatery and dining
While no cafeteria or dining hall is located in MKV, students can access The Market located in Claudette Millar Hall, Mudie’s located in V1, or REVelation located in REV.
IT Service Desk
Located in the V1 community centre, the Residence IT Service Desk offers free technical support and services to all residents.
Please note due to COVID-19, the IT Service Desk is closed until further noticed but can be reached by phone at 519-888-4567, ext. 33538.
Room details and floor plans
All bedrooms in MKV include:
- Twin-sized bed and mattress
- Desk, desk lamp and chair
- Dresser and closet
- Bookshelves and waste basket
- Unlimited high speed Internet (ResNet) connection
- Rooms are cable-ready. Students must make their own arrangements with a local cable company once they arrive.
All suites in MKV include:
- Living room (live cable outlet, 2 chairs, love seat and end tables)
- Kitchen with a table, 4 chairs, full-sized fridge and stove
- 2 full bathrooms
- 2 storage closets
Cleaning and housekeeping
All residents are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of their room. A member of our cleaning services staff will clean the washrooms and common areas daily.
All maintenance and repair requests should be reported to the MKV Maintenance Team right away.
PO Box 1666, Your Wing (East or West) Your Room number & Letter
MKV, University of Waterloo
John Smith (example)
PO Box 1666, West 402c
MKV, University of Waterloo
Mail is delivered and picked up daily, except on holidays and weekends. Each suite has a mailbox located outside the main office.
You will receive an email notification for packages and large envelopes upon arrival. Your parcel can be picked up at Front Desk with WatCard identification.
Frequently asked questions
Can you share my information with friends or family?
- No. If someone other than you, the applicant, is trying to obtain information on your behalf, we are not able to release your information to them.
- We will only release your information to you, the applicant, as per Policy 46.
- We care about your privacy.
What should I do if I notice unsafe conditions in my residence building?
- If you notice unsafe conditions in or around our residence buildings, report them to a nearby Housing staff member right away. As per Policy 34, we all have a responsibility to keep our campus safe.
Is tap water safe to drink?
- Yes. The Region of Waterloo maintain a high standard of quality assurance to ensure our tap water is safe to drink. For more information about the Region’s water treatment practices, please visit The Region of Waterloo website.
What happens if I lose my key(s)?
- Lost keys should be reported to your residence Front Desk immediately.
- If you lose your key(s), a spare one will be issued to you for up to 7 business days. If after 7 business days your key(s) has not been returned, you will be assessed a $50 fee to cover the cost of a lock change, and you (and your roommates, if applicable) will be given a brand new set of keys.
Who should I contact if I have a maintenance request?
- If an item in your room needs repairs, please contact the maintenance team in your residence building at the following email address:
- Mackenzie King Village: firstname.lastname@example.org