Accessible Housing

This process is designed for students who have, or suspect they may have, a disability for which they would like to request housing accommodations.

Housing accommodations can be made for medical, sensory, physical, environmental, psychological, allergy/dietary restrictions, or mental health conditions.

The process for requesting a housing accommodation is as follows:

  1. Download and print off our Housing Disability Verification Form.
  2. Make an appointment with your registered health care professional to complete the Housing Disability Verification Form.
  3. Upload your completed Housing Disability Verification Form as soon as possible.


For incoming students participating in the 2021 first year residence guarantee to be guaranteed a reasonable accommodation based on their documented need, documentation is needed by:

  • June 1, 2021

For any other student type (or incoming first year students who missed the deadline above):

  • We accept documentation on a rolling basis. Please follow the process for requesting a housing accomodation. 
  • Once the recommendation is received, the student will receive a residence assignment that meets the documented need or be re-assigned to an appropriate space.
  • If you have previously registered with accessible housing, you need only submit updated documentation again if your needs have changed.

Please note:

  1. For academic accommodations please register with Accessibility Services.
  2. For dietary accommodations please connect with Food Services on how they can best accommodate you in residence.
  3. Taller than 6’4”/193 cm? Please indicate this on the application form.
  4. Please note that housing accommodations are only for the student requesting the accommodation, and may not include current or potential roommates. 
  5. While a student may feel strongly they should be placed in a specific residence, assignments are based on space availability, needs identified in the documentation received and adherence to the deadline.
  6. A student does have the right to waive the recommendation to stay in their current room assignment.
  7. If you have been assigned to one of the University College Residences, you will need to connect directly with them for questions regarding their facilities.