Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
Experience Minota Hagey
Virtual tour coming soon!
Size: 70 residents
Style: Hybrid (shared kitchen per floor and optional meal plans)
Meal plan: Optional
Community: Upper-year students
Mascot: MH Owl
Upper-year contract: 4-month contracts (Winter or Spring); 8 month contract (fall-winter or fall-spring)
Building: Minota Hagey consists of 3 floors. Each floor has 23-25 students, and 2 dons live in the building. Each floor is co-ed, and has 2 gender neutral bathrooms as well as a kitchen. The main floor has a Great Hall, which is equipped with a TV, video game consoles, games, and a variety of cables to ensure easy connectivity. There is also a study space and a boardroom.
Features and amenities
Minota Hagey does not have a front desk, however, students can access the front desk services at any of Housing’s other residence buildings. Mail and packages for Minota Hagey students can be picked up at Mackenzie King Village.
All rooms and common areas include an unlimited high-speed Internet (ResNet) connection.
Dons are upper-year students who provide students with mentorship and support.
Heat, electricity, water, air-conditioning and Internet are all included with your residence fee.
WatCard operated laundry facilities are located in the main laundry facility.
At this time, shuttles are not operational due to COVID-19.
As a UWaterloo resident, you have access to amenities located in other residences including: gaming tables, movies, music rooms, fitness rooms, tutoring centres, cafeterias and study rooms.
Please note due to the guest policy during COVID-19, residents are not able to visit other residences until further notice.
There are three kitchens in the residence including a microwave and cupboards.
Study and meeting rooms
Residents are able to book shared rooms and spaces for group meetings or study sessions.
IT Service Desk
Located in the V1 community centre, the Residence IT Service Desk offers free technical support and services to all residents. Please note due to COVID-19, the IT service desk is closed until further noticed but can be reached by phone at 519-888-4567, ext. 33538.
Eatery and dining
While no cafeteria or dining hall is located in Minota Hagey, students can access The Market in Claudette Millar Hall, Mudie’s located in V1, or REVelation located in REV.
Room details and floor plans
All bedrooms in MH include:
- Twin-sized bed and mattress (36”x 78”x 6")
- Closet, vanity & dresser
- Desk, desk lamp & chair
- Bookshelves & waste basket
- Unlimited high-speed Internet (ResNet) connection
- Curious about what to pack? We've listed what to bring (and what not to bring) for your move into residence!
Cleaning and housekeeping
All residents are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of their room. Washrooms and common areas are cleaned by Housing staff every day.
All maintenance and repair requests should be reported to the MKV maintenance team right away.
519-888-4567 ext. 84086
519-888-4567 ext. 84086
519-888-4567 ext. 32898
Your Room Number, Minota Hagey Residence,
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Mail is delivered and picked up daily, except on holidays and weekends. Individual room mailboxes are located inside the main entrance of the Minota Hagey.
Frequently asked questions
Can you share my information with friends or family?
- No. If someone other than you, the applicant, is trying to obtain information on your behalf, we are not able to release your information to them.
- We will only release your information to you, the applicant, as per Policy 46.
- We care about your privacy.
What should I do if I notice unsafe conditions in my residence building?
If you notice unsafe conditions in or around our residence buildings, report them to a nearby Housing staff member right away. As per Policy 34, we all have a responsibility to keep our campus safe.
Is tap water safe to drink?
Yes. The Region of Waterloo maintain a high standard of quality assurance to ensure our tap water is safe to drink. For more information about the Region’s water treatment practices, please visit The Region of Waterloo website.
What happens if I lose my key(s)?
- Lost keys should be reported to your residence Front Desk immediately.
- If you lose your key(s), a spare one will be issued to you for up to 7 business days. If after 7 business days your key(s) has not been returned, you will be assessed a $100 fee to cover the cost of a lock change, and you (and your roommates, if applicable) will be given a brand new set of keys.
Who should I contact if I have a maintenance request?
- If an item in your room needs repairs, please contact the maintenance team in your residence building at the following email address:
- Minota Hagey: email@example.com