Everyone deserves an equal chance to learn and thrive where they live, and everyone in our residence community has a responsibility to support an equitable and welcoming learning and living environment. We deeply value the diverse contributions of Black, Indigenous, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ students, students with disabilities; and actively commit to develop an inclusive and anti-racist community for all of our students. Prejudice or hate of any kind has no place in our residences. Campus Housing staff are committed to helping you find your space to learn and live in residence. Please contact Campus Housing if you have specific needs, or questions about our residence spaces and communities, or how you can get the supports or accommodations you need to thrive in residence. To learn more please see our Plan of Action: Campus Housing Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism response.
Get to know Ron Eydt Village
Empty Residence tour
#UWRoomGoals Favourites 2017
Size: 960 residents
Meal plan: Required
Community: First-year students
Mascot: REV Moustache
First-year contracts: Fall-Winter
Upper-year contracts: None
Building: REV consists of 4 quads. Each quad has 5 floors, with 48 residents and 1 don living on each floor. Floors are co-ed, but each wing on the floor are single gender.
Features and amenities
24-hr Front Desk
Available to all residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The front desk offers: printing, stamp purchases, parcel pick-up and mail distribution. You can also visit the front desk to sign out equipment, facilities, movies and games, or to ask your friendly Front Desk Assistant any questions related to residence, campus, or Waterloo.
All rooms and common areas include an unlimited high-speed Internet connection.
Dons are upper-year students living on each floor in residence to provide students with mentorship and support.
Heat, electricity, water and internet are all included with your residence fee.
WatCard operated laundry facilities are located in the main laundry facility. Irons and ironing boards are also available from the Front Desk for you to use.
IT Service Desk
Located in the V1 community centre, the Residence IT Service Desk offers free technical support and services to all residents.
As a UWaterloo resident, you have access to amenities located in other residences including: gaming tables, movies, multi-faith room, music rooms, fitness rooms, tutoring centres, cafeterias and study rooms.
REV residents have access to: pool, snooker, ping pong, board games, movies, a music room, basketball court, fitness room and TV lounge outfitted with a 65" 4K TV.
Study and meeting rooms
Residents are able to book shared rooms and spaces for group meetings or study sessions.
Located within REV, a newly renovated fitness room includes treadmills, stationary bikes, step machines, free weights, mats and more.
Floor lounge includes a small kitchenette with a microwave and full-sized refrigerator for residents to share.
Eatery and dining
REVelation is located in the REV community centre complete with a large dining hall.
Room details and floor plans
All rooms in REV include:
- 2 twin-sized beds with mattresses (36”x78”x6”)
- 2 desks, desk lamps and chairs
- 2 closets and waste baskets
- 2 sets of built-in bookshelves
- Every floor has 2 large single-gender washrooms
- Unlimited high-speed Internet connection
- Rooms are cable-ready. Each student must make their own arrangements with a local cable company once they arrive
- Curious about what to pack? We've listed what to bring (and what not to bring) for your move into residence!
Cleaning and housekeeping
All residents are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of their room. A member of our cleaning services staff will clean the washrooms and common areas daily. Although Housing staff clean washrooms daily, residents are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
All maintenance and repair requests should be reported to the REV maintenance team right away.
P.O. Box 16610, Your Floor, Your Room Number
REV, University of Waterloo
John Smith (example)
P.O. Box 16610, East A, 203
REV, University of Waterloo
Mail is delivered and picked up daily, except on holidays and weekends. Each floor has a mailbox located outside the main office.
You will receive an email notification for packages and large envelopes upon arrival. Your parcel can be picked up at Front Desk with WatCard identification.
Frequently asked questions
Can you share my information with friends or family?
- No. If someone other than you, the applicant, is trying to obtain information on your behalf, we are not able to release your information to them.
- We will only release your information to you, the applicant, as per Policy 46.
- We care about your privacy.
What should I do if I notice unsafe conditions in my residence building?
- If you notice unsafe conditions in or around our residence buildings, report them to a nearby Housing staff member right away. As per Policy 34, we all have a responsibility to keep our campus safe.
Is tap water safe to drink?
- Yes. The Region of Waterloo maintain a high standard of quality assurance to ensure our tap water is safe to drink. For more information about the Region’s water treatment practices, please visit The Region of Waterloo website.
What happens if I lose my key(s)?
- Lost keys should be reported to your residence Front Desk immediately.
- If you lose your key(s), a spare one will be issued to you for up to 7 business days. If after 7 business days your key(s) has not been returned, you will be assessed a $100 fee to cover the cost of a lock change, and you (and your roommates, if applicable) will be given a brand new set of keys.
Who should I contact if I have a maintenance request?
- If an item in your room needs repairs, please contact the maintenance team in your residence building at the following email address:
- Ron Eydt Village: email@example.com