Everyone deserves an equal chance to learn and thrive where they live, and everyone in our residence community has a responsibility to support an equitable and welcoming learning and living environment. We deeply value the diverse contributions of Black, Indigenous, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ students, students with disabilities; and actively commit to develop an inclusive and anti-racist community for all of our students. Prejudice or hate of any kind has no place in our residences. Campus Housing staff are committed to helping you find your space to learn and live in residence. Please contact Campus Housing if you have specific needs, or questions about our residence spaces and communities, or how you can get the supports or accommodations you need to thrive in residence. To learn more please see our Plan of Action: Campus Housing Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism response.
Get to know Claudette Millar Hall
Empty Residence tour
Size: 539 residents
Rooms: Single and Semi-Private
Meal plan: Required
Community: First-year and upper-year students
Mascot: UWP Unicorn
First-year contract: Fall-Winter or Fall-Spring
Upper-year contract: Fall-Winter or Fall-Spring
Building: Claudette Millar Hall consists of 12 floors with 49 beds on each floor - 1 Don, 8 single, and 20 double rooms. There are 16 full bathrooms per floor and 6 lounges on each floor for studying, socializing and meetings.
Features and amenities
Eatery and dining
The Market provides a multitude of options from prepared foods, made to order options, the campus’ biggest salad bar to produce and take away meals to enjoy later.
The Market includes:
Booster Juice: Order up your favourite smoothie for when you’re on the go.
Chef & the Farmer: 100% all-beef fresh, never frozen burgers, french fries made in house, and a huge selection of grilled items including chicken and veggie options!
FreshXPRESS Entrees: Grab and go cold meals to heat up when you’re ready to eat them. Some require assembly such as our stir-fry kits. Don’t worry – they come with instructions!
Creation Station: A rotation of customizable meals including omelets, pastas, curries, stir fries and more!
Hot Dish: The go-to spot for international meals! Wide selection of hot entrée options, all weighted; so take a lot of one, or a little of everything!
Barra de Burrito: Customizable burritos or burrito bowls.
The Deli: Local meats from Stemmler’s Deli on artisan bread or wraps with all the fillings you desire.
Upper Crust: Customize your own wood-stone pizza, quesadilla or nachos.
The Carvery: Flat bread pizzas during lunch and carved meats and specialty items during dinner.
Micro-Grocery Store: We also offer a few grocery items for convenience – such as milk, eggs, dried pasta and sauces, and a ton of fresh produce including lettuce, carrots and other vegetables and fruits such as bananas, apples and much more!
24-hr Front Desk
Available to all residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Front Desk offers printing, stamp purchases, parcel pick-up and mail distribution. You can also visit the Front Desk to sign out: equipment, facilities, movies and games.
All rooms and common areas include an unlimited high-speed Internet connection.
Dons are upper-year students living on each floor in residence to provide students with mentorship and support.
Heat, electricity, water and internet are all included with your residence fee.
WatCard operated laundry facilities are located in the main laundry facility. Irons and ironing boards are also available from the Front Desk for you to use.
CMH is the only traditional-style residence with air conditioning available.
As a UWaterloo resident, you have access to amenities located in other residences including: gaming tables, movies, music rooms, multi-faith room, fitness rooms, tutoring centres, cafeterias and study rooms.
CMH residents have access to: pool, ping pong, board games, movies, a music room, a multi-faith room, and fitness room.
Study and meeting rooms
Residents are able to book shared rooms and spaces for group meetings or study sessions.
Located within CMH, the fitness room includes treadmills, stationary bikes, step machines, free weights, mats and more.
Floor lounge includes a full kitchen with a microwave and full-sized refrigerator for residents to share.
CMH is centrally located to both campus and several off-campus hot spots including Waterloo Park and University Plaza. UWP also has access to two LRT stations nearby.
IT Service Desk
Located in the V1 community centre, the Residence IT Service Desk offers free technical support and services to all residents.
Room details and floor plans
All single rooms in CMH include:
- Twin-sized bed and mattress (36”x76”x6”)
- Desk chair
- Desk with built-in light and storage
- (2) stackable dressers that can be tucked under the bed
All semi-private rooms in CMH include:
- (2) Twin-sized beds and mattresses
- (2) Nightstands
- (2) Wardrobes
- (2) Desk chairs
- (2) Desks with built-in light and storage
- (4) stackable dressers that can be tucked under the bed
- Curious about what to pack? We've listed what to bring (and what not to bring) for your move into residence!
Semi-Private Double room
Cleaning and housekeeping
All residents are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of their room. A member of our cleaning services staff will clean the washrooms and common areas daily. Although Housing staff clean washrooms daily, residents are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
Your Room Number
165 University Ave. West
Waterloo, ON, Canada
165 University Ave. West
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Mail is delivered and picked up daily, except on holidays and weekends.
You will receive an email notification from the Front Desk for packages and large envelopes upon arrival. Your parcel can be picked up at Front Desk with WatCard identification.
Frequently asked questions
Can you share my information with friends or family?
- No. If someone other than you, the applicant, is trying to obtain information on your behalf, we are not able to release your information to them.
- We will only release your information to you, the applicant, as per Policy 46.
- We care about your privacy.
What should I do if I notice unsafe conditions in my residence building?
- If you notice unsafe conditions in or around our residence buildings, report them to a nearby Housing staff member right away. As per Policy 34, we all have a responsibility to keep our campus safe.
Is tap water safe to drink?
- Yes. The Region of Waterloo maintain a high standard of quality assurance to ensure our tap water is safe to drink. For more information about the Region’s water treatment practices, please visit The Region of Waterloo website.
What happens if I lose my key(s)?
- Lost keys should be reported to your residence Front Desk immediately.
- If you lose your key(s), a spare one will be issued to you for up to 7 business days. If after 7 business days your key(s) has not been returned, you will be assessed a $100 fee to cover the cost of a lock change, and you (and your roommates, if applicable) will be given a brand new set of keys.
Who should I contact if I have a maintenance request?
- If an item in your room needs repairs, please contact the maintenance team in your residence building at the following email address:
- Claudette Millar Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org