The objective of this course is to expand the knowledge and expertise of practicing engineers in the area of DC/DC converters. The course will focus on the modeling and design of DC/DC converters, including magnetic design and loop design, and their applications in DC motor drives, DC power supplies, power factor correction circuits, photovoltaic stand-alone and grid-connected systems and fuel cell-based stationary and mobile systems.
- Learn about DC/DC converter topologies, control techniques, and applications.
- Learn about modeling and design aspects of DC/DC converters.
- Learn about magnetic design and loop design for DC/DC converters.
- DC/DC Converter Topologies and Control Techniques
- Modeling and Design Aspects of DC/DC Converters
- Magnetic Design and Loop Design for DC/DC Converters
|Topic||No. of Lecture Sessions||Sub-Topics|
|Overview of Semiconductor Devices, Waveform Quality, and Low-Pass Filters||1||
|Non-Isolated DC/DC Converter Topologies and Control Techniques||2||
|DC/DC Converter Modeling||1||
|Isolated DC/DC Converter Topologies and Control Techniques||2||
|Feedback Control of DC/DC Converters||1||
|Front-End Diode- Rectifier Bridge Circuits and Power Factor Correction||1||
|Snubber Design and Soft Switching||1||
|Design Aspects of DC/DC Converters||1||
|Other DC/DC Converter Applications||1||
- Mohan, Undeland and Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2003.
- D.W. Hart, Introduction to Power Electronics,, Prentice Hall, 1997.
- J.G. Kassakian, M.F. Schlecht and G.C. Verghese, Principles of Power Electronics, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., 1992.
- P.T. Krein, Elements of Power Electronics, Oxford University Press, Inc., 1998.
- R.P. Severns and G.E. Bloom, Modern DC-To-DC Switch Mode Power Converter Circuits, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1985.
- K. Kit Sum, Switch Mode Power Conversion: Basic Theory and Design, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1984.
Basic understanding of circuit analysis and control theory. Familiarity with magnetic circuits and electric machinery is desirable.