- Discuss in detail the basic concepts of risk assessment and outage models of system components.
- Discuss in details the concept of asset management and its main components.
- Discuss application examples about the risk evaluation of transmission lines, generators and substations
|No. Of Weeks||Topic||Sub-Topics|
|1||Risk in Power System||
|1||Outage Models of System Components||
|1||Parameter Estimation in Outage Models||
|1||Elements of Risk Evaluation Methods||
|1||Risk Evaluation Techniques for Power Systems||
|1||Application of Risk Evaluation to Transmission Development Planning||
|1||Application of Risk Evaluation to Transmission Operation Planning||
|1||Application of Risk Evaluation to Generation Source Planning||
|1||Selection of Substation Configurations||
|1||Reliability Center Maintenance||
|1||Probabilistic Spare Equipment Analysis||
|1||Reliability-Based Transmission-Service Pricing||
Wenyuan Li, Risk Assessment of Power Systems: Models, Methods and Applications, IEEE Press, ISBN 0-471-63168-X, 2005
- Journal papers and technical reports (available on-line).
- Course notes available at course website.
Basic knowledge of power systems analysis is required.