Scholarship Competition Department Deadlines
The deadlines for applying for the Ontario Government Scholarship (OGS), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Doctoral scholarship and/or Tri-Council Canada Graduate Scholarship Master's (CGS-M) competitions are available on the GSO website.
Further information on these scholarships can be found on the following websites:
- OGS Competition
- Tri-Council Canada Graduate Scholarship Master's Competition (NSERC CGS-M)
- Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships Doctoral and NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship Doctoral (CGS-D and PGS-D)
- Vanier CGS
Questions about NSERC and OGS scholarships can be directed to:
Cathy Spencer, Graduate Academic Administrator
Other Awards & Funding Websites
- NSERC Post-Doctoral website (applications submitted directly to NSERC)
- President's Graduate Scholarship (PGS)
- Graduate Studies - Other Awards and Funding
- Scholarships and Awards for International Students
NOTE: There are very few scholarships available to students entering the Master of Engineering (MEng) or Master of Engineering in Electric Power Engineering programs. Please refer to the individual web sites above for eligibility criteria.
NOTE: Information on this web page is subject to change without notice.
Term Activity Report (FOE) Awards
Each term the Department gives out Faculty of Engineers Awards (FOEs), in the amount of $1,500 each to students who have shown strong merit in the previous term (grades, publications, conferences, etc.). The ECE Graduate Studies Committee meets once a term to determine who will receive the awards. The minimum eligibility requirements for this award are as follows;
- max. 3 awards within 6 terms of a MASc program.
- max. 6 awards within 12 terms of a PhD program
- cannot have incomplete (INC) or did not write (DNW) grade
- cannot have Probationary status
- must be a full-time active student at time of receiving award
- must have at least 80% Overall Average
- must have submitted an Activity Report for previous term with a satisfactory evaluation
- Activity Reports must be correctly completed with the relevant information in the appropriate section
Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee you an award but rather gets you on a list of eligible recipients from which the awardees will be selected.
Part-time students are not eligible for any awards, scholarships or OSAP and must be self-funded.