MASc candidates are required to present a seminar on their thesis topic as part of their degree requirements. The purpose of the seminar is to develop your ability to communicate the results of your research in an organized and informative manner. The seminar is not an oral examination of your thesis. Once completed, the MASc Seminar Milestone is recorded on the student’s academic record.
Following are instructions for completing the seminar milestone degree requirement:
- Confirm with your supervisor, and one other faculty member who is willing to attend, a date for completion of your seminar milestone.
- Once a date is determined, email the following information to the MASc Program Coordinator/Advisor:
- Proposed date and time for your seminar and whether it will be held online or in-person
- If held in-person, indicated if you need audio-visual requirements (for example, data projector or laptop)
- Attending faculty members
- On the day of your seminar your supervisor and attending faculty member will receive an email indicating that they must approve the seminar milestone via a web link that is provided to them.
Once the milestone has been completed and approved, the Seminar Milestone form will be forwarded to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs who will record completion of the Seminar Milestone on your academic record.