Ajoy Opal is an electrical and computer engineering professor in the Faculty of Engineering.
Professor Opal’s current research interests include circuit and filter theory, numerical algorithms for analysis and design of analog and switched circuits, and mixed analog-digital circuits.
In addition to his research work, Professor Opal has also written a book and published or presented papers in various journals and conferences. In 2010, he co-authored the book, Computer Methods for Analysis of Mixed-Mode Switching Circuits with Fei Yuan.
- Electrical Circuit Theory
- Circuit Simulation
- Analog Filter Design
- Circuits Design & VLSI
- Circuit theory and filter theory
- Numerical algorithms for analysis of analog and switched circuits
- 1987, Doctorate, Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1984, Master's, Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1981, Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- GENE 123 - Elec Circuits & Instrument
- Taught in 2016
- ECE 140 - Linear Circuits
- Taught in 2019, 2020
- Charania, Tasreen and Opal, Ajoy and Sachdev, Manoj, Analysis and design of on-chip decoupling capacitors, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 21(4), 2013, 648 - 658
- Sun, Bendong and Yuan, Fei and Opal, Ajoy, A new differential CMOS current-mode preamplifier for GBps data communications, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 44(3), 2005, 191 - 201
- Opal, Ajoy and El-Gabaly, AM, Two-Dimensional Frequency Analysis of Switched-Capacitor Circuits, , 2005
- Yuan, Fei and Opal, Ajoy, Inconsistent Initial Conditions, Computer Methods for Analysis of Mixed-Mode Switching Circuits, 2004, 83 - 108
- Yuan, Fei and Opal, Ajoy, Sampled-Data Simulation of Over-Sampled Sigma-Delta Modulators, Computer Methods for Analysis of Mixed-Mode Switching Circuits, 2004, 191 - 201
- Currently accepting applications for graduate students