Mohamed-Yahia Dabbagh is an Electrical and Computer Engineering Lecturer at the University of Waterloo.
His research interests include digital signals, image processing and video processing. Professor Dabbagh is currently working on extending the approach to VLSI multiprocessor implementation of high demanding computational algorithms in the areas of Communication Systems, Computer Vision, and Control Systems. He is also looking into the development of algorithms in video motion estimation, video segmentation, and pattern recognition and classification.
In addition to his research contributions, Professor Dabbagh has published several articles with IEEE and other organizations regarding video and image systems.
- Digital Signal Processing
- Image And Video Processing
- 1989, Doctorate, PhD, North Carolina State University
- 1981, Master's, MSE, University of Michigan
- 1976, Bachelor's, BSE, University of Aleppo
- GENE 123 - Electrical Circuits and Instrumentation
- ECE 140 - Linear Circuits
- Dabbagh, Mohamed-Yahia and Alexander, Winser E, Multiprocessor implementation of 2-D denominator-separable digital filters for real-time processing, IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 37(6), 1989, 872 - 881
- Dabbagh, MY and Alexander, WE, Frequency domain implementation of block state space 2-D digital filters, Proc. 31st Midwest Symp. on Circ. and Syst, 1988
- Verma, Rohit and Dabbagh, Mohamed-Yahia, Fast facial expression recognition based on local binary patterns, Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2013 26th Annual IEEE Canadian Conference on, January 2013, 1 - 4
- Verma, Rohit and Dabbagh, Mohamed-Yahia, Binary pattern based edge detection for motion estimation in H. 264/AVC, Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2013 26th Annual IEEE Canadian Conference on, January 2013, 1 - 4
- Tsuei, Danny Teng-Hsiang and Dabbagh, Mohamed-Yahia and Sachdev, Manoj, Multiprocessor FPGA implementation of a 2D digital filter, Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2011 24th Canadian Conference on, January 2011, 000630 - 000633
- Asefi, Mahdi and Dabbagh, Mohamed-Yahia, Video shot detection via information theoretic classification, Signal Processing and Its Applications, 2007. ISSPA 2007. 9th International Symposium on, January 2007, 1 - 4
- Asefi, Mahdi and Dabbagh, Mohamed-yahia, Adaptive video motion estimation algorithm via estimation of motion length distribution and Bayesian classification, 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, January 2006, 807 - 810
- Dabbagh, MY and Alexander, WE, Pipelining of digital filter structures for VLSI implementation, Southeastcon'89. Proceedings. Energy and Information Technologies in the Southeast., IEEE, January 1989, 1185 - 1189
- Dabbagh, MY and Alexander, WE, VLSI multiprocessor implementation of block state-space 2-D digital filters, Circuits and Systems, 1989., IEEE International Symposium on, January 1989, 1103 - 1106
- Dabbagh, MY and Alexander, WE, Frequency domain implementation of block state space 2-D digital filters, Proc. 31st Midwest Symp. on Circ. and Syst, January 1988
- Dabbagh, Mohamed Yahia, Multiprocessor implementation of two-dimensional digital filters for real time processing, January 1989,