What is it?
- Runs in conjunction with the Engineering Science Quest LIT Program and is free for self-identifying Black participants
- Engages high school students applicants (finished grade 9 or higher as of July 2024) that have interest in volunteer experience with Engineering Outreach
- Builds leadership skills through group problem solving, insight into our program development and delivery, and first-hand experience working with children
- Includes attending one mandatory training session (Saturday June 29th OR Saturday July 20th) and volunteer placement in a STEMpowered camp!
- Placement week is valid for completing volunteer service hours (approx. 40 hours)
- Option to sign up for multiple placement weeks if interested
- Application-based program; students must apply and be accepted into the program before registering
- Applications open December 21st and will remain open until February 23rd
- All applicants will be informed if they have been accepted into the program by April 22nd
- The STEMpowered LIT Program is free for self-identifying Black participants; Includes one participant T-shirt.
- Placement week(s) available in July and August 2024*; selected after you receive your acceptance (you will receive more details through an acceptance email) *Placements must take place after you have completed a training session
- This program is not an overnight program; overnight accommodations are optional and can be booked separately through an on-campus residence partner; Details will be sent to accepted applicants
Applicants must submit the STEMpowered Application Form (available below) and receive an acceptance email before registering for the program.