The Education and Outreach unit facilitates education, competency and capacity building within the University of Waterloo. We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing training modules and workshops focused on anti-racism, anti-oppression, equity and transformative justice.
- Building trust and relationships with internal and external groups, particularly those from excluded, marginalized, and racialized communities.
- Forming strategic partnerships and collaborations that advance the equity and anti-racism mission of the University.
When should to seek out the Education and Outreach unit
- If your department, Faculty, Academic Support Unit, or School wants to build educational competency and capacity in areas of anti-racism, anti-oppression or equity.
- If there is an equity or racism concern and you are planning to increase awareness through education and training support.
- Equity and anti-racism workshops and training modules, including asynchronous sessions on LEARN (for example, Equity 101, 2SLGBTQ+ Fundamentals, Responsive Transitioning, Disability Justice).
- Program Area Leads (PALs) initiative.
- the President’s Anti-Racism Taskforce (PART).
- Sankofa Network for Transformative & Community Research.