The Graduate Studies forms site is maintained by the Graduate Studies Office. If you have questions about any of the forms, please contact Tasha Glover.
Online web forms
Online web forms can be completed on the screen. Enter your information directly into the field boxes. Some fields are required fields and must be completed. Once you have finished entering your information, click on the Submit button at the end of the form. This action sends your form to the Graduate Studies Office. You will receive a confirmation on the screen that your form was successfully submitted. You may also receive a confirmation email that includes the information you entered in the form.
Fill-in pdf forms
Fill-in pdf forms can be completed on the screen or can be printed and completed by hand.
The fill-in feature of a pdf form displays in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. If using Firefox, to access the fill-in feature, open the form in Adobe Reader. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader free.
Enter your information directly into the field boxes. Once you have finished filling in the form, print it, and sign it. Also, if applicable, obtain the appropriate approval signatures needed, and if required, include the processing fee with your completed form. See the section below, for information on how to submit your completed form.
Are you having difficulty opening a PDF form?
If you are unable to open a fill-in pdf form, please work through the following steps:
- delete cookies and clear your cache
- navigate to the pdf form from the forms page
- move the slider bar located at the right to the top
- download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- have only one version of Adobe installed on your computer as multiple versions can cause problems
- allow pop-ups from all University of Waterloo websites
- close your browser; open a new instance; open the form
- shut down your computer; start your computer; open the form
- your computer may have a fire wall set that prevents opening the form; open the form using another computer
How to complete a fill-in PDF form
- open the form; click your cursor in the first field to make it active
- press the tab key to move to the next field
- to use a check box; position your cursor over the box; when the marker changes to a pointer then click the left mouse button to select
- to go back one field; hold the shift key and click tab, or put the cursor in the desired field location
- to add an accent in the name field on the Intention to Graduate and the Request for Duplication/Replacement Diploma forms; open a new Word document, select Insert; select Symbols; select More Symbols; set the Font to (normal text); set the Subset to Latin-1 Supplement; select the letter with the symbol; click Insert; and click Close; next, select the letter with the symbol in the Word document; copy it and paste it in the position where you want the letter with the accent symbol to appear in the form
- once you have completed filling in your pdf form; print the form
- to delete your information from the fields in the form; click on the Reset or Clear Form button that is on the form
How to submit your completed PDF form
Once you have completed your form, print it, sign it, and submit it to the appropriate person as identified on the top of each pdf form (i.e. - Department Graduate Coordinator, Supervisor, Graduate Studies Office etc.).
For forms submitted to the Graduate Studies Office:
Submit your form to the Graduate Studies Office using regular mail, fax, or deliver the form to us. Do not send the completed form by email attachment as the form attachment will drop your filled-in details.
University of Waterloo
Graduate Studies Office
200 University Avenue West
Canada N2L 3G1
Visit the Graduate Studies Office
Needles Hall 2201