Use this form to:
- Apply for the Briarhurst Travel and Research Award to assist with the travel costs associated with conducting research for your final dissertation.
- Complete the sections 1-4 of the form.
- Email the following documents to the Co-ordinator, Graduate Financial Aid & Awards, GSPA and include:
- Personal letter describing your field research and why you require financial assistance to participate in this experience (maximum one page)
- Supporting letter from your academic supervisor confirming that your proposed field research is relevant to your final dissertation and it is of direct benefit to the UWaterloo research program
- Complete application form
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- MA and PhD students registered full-time or part-time in the Global Governance program or full-time in the Environment and Resource Studies program. Preference will be given to PhD students.
- The award is to assist students with travel costs associated with conducting field research for their final dissertation. (This award is intended to provide support for future research travel, and not past experiences. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are able to confirm details of their intended experience by the application deadline.)
- Selection to be based on academic achievement (minimum academic average of 80%), estimated costs for field research, and a supporting letter from your faculty advisor (supervisor).
- Selection will rotate on an annual basis between the Global Governance and the Environment and Resource Studies programs. Students are encouraged to contact their Department Graduate Co-ordinator to inquire whether their department is accepting applications in the current academic year.
Award value: $2,000
- March 1