Before you start:
You need to gather the following information about your Canadian financial institution (bank or credit union):
- bank code (3 digits)
- branch/transit number (5 digits)
- your personal bank account number (7 to 12 digits - no spaces, hyphens or dashes); your account number is NOT the number on your debit or credit card.
We strongly recommend that you contact your bank to confirm that you have the correct information for these three numbers above. Entering incorrect or incomplete information will prevent your refund from arriving in your bank account.
- Log in to Quest.
- Select the Finances tile.
- Select the Manage My Bank Account link on the left.
- If you are accessing this information while on campus, skip to step 5. If you are off campus, two-factor authentication (2FA) is required to proceed.
- If you have already opted-in to 2FA: Quest will prompt you to enter a Passcode which will be received digitally (e.g., via the DUO mobile app). Once a Passcode has been entered, Quest will allow you to Log In.
- If you have not yet opted-in to 2FA: Quest will ask you to set it up. Visit the two-factor authentication website for details.
- If this is the first time you are adding a bank account in Quest, you will see a message indicating that you have not yet created an account. Select the Add Account button.
- Enter the following information then select the Next button:
- The system requires you to give your account a Nickname. Enter it in the Nickname field.
- Select the account type.
- Use the magnifying glass button to select your bank code. (If your bank is not listed, email email@example.com).
- Enter your branch/transit number.
- Enter your account number (without hyphens, dashes or spaces). Remember, this is NOT the number on your debit or credit card.
- Re-enter your account number to confirm you have entered it correctly.
- Enter the account holder name.
- If this is the first time you are adding a bank account in Quest, the Agreement page will come up. Read it and indicate you agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the Yes box. Then select the Submit button. Note: This is only required the first time you enter banking information in Quest. If you have questions or concerns about adding your banking information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Bank Account Summary page will appear and you will be able to see that you now have a bank account listed in Quest.
Note: You can only have one bank account listed in Quest. To add a new account, you must first delete the existing account. To edit your bank account information or delete the bank account, go to your Bank Account Summary page and use the edit (pencil) button or delete (garbage can) button.