Use this form to:
- apply for a day care bursary
Graduate Student Day Care Bursaries are available each term to eligible students with day care expenses. Day care expenses include those incurred through a day care centre, a home day care, before and after care through schools, and Christmas break, March break and summer camps. These bursaries are used to subsidize resources and are awarded based on financial need.
*This program is subject to change each year and is determined by available funding.
The value is assessed based on income, day care expenses, and number of children requiring day care and will be restricted to a maximum based on the student’s situation.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- be a registered full-time graduate student
- demonstrate financial need based on the completion of the application
- provide a letter from their day care provider confirming specific arrangements and costs for their child/children
- provide six months of detailed bank statements for all banks accounts in their possession - statements must show name and detailed transactions (the same must be provided for their spouse/partner if applicable)
- provide their most recent tax assessment, if applicable (the same must be provided for their spouse/partner, if applicable)
- apply first for Regional Day Care Subsidy and attach a copy of the assistance letter from the Region to this application, if applicable
- provide written documentation confirming they are on the Regional Day Care Subsidy list with their application, if applicable
Fall term – October 15
Winter term – February 15
Spring term – June 15
Where the advertised deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline date is the preceding Friday.
Applications will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis, following the deadline. Applicants will normally be notified of bursary decisions within three weeks of submission of the complete application to The Centre (Needles Hall, first floor).