What's interesting about being Undergraduate Representative?
- You can represent fellow students in the department by attending monthly departmental meetings
- You learn about how the department is run, and how decisions are made that affect your academic career
- You get an official say in the decisions that are made
Some words from a past undergraduate rep
The position of Undergrad Rep to the German/ Russian and Eastern European Studies (REES) Department is a great way to get to know the inner-workings of everything that goes on in the department. It's a great experience and the faculty are amazing people to work with. There is even chance for input into the lively meetings. I had a great time getting to know the professors outside of the classroom! (Hannah Klassen, Undergraduate Representative)
Position and nomination details
- Position runs from September to April
- Responsibilities include:
- attending all monthly meetings
- bringing forward any concerns your fellow students have brought to you.
- You may nominate someone else or nominate yourself
- Nominations are due June 1st.
- Contact the Department's Undergraduate Affairs Assistant Katja Czarnecki for more details.