Funds from Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) and the Graduate Studies Endowment Fund (GSEF) are available for students who are attending professional conferences, and who present their research. Students should use the Graduate Studies Research Travel Assistantship application form to reserve travel funds from their supervisor, Department/School, Faculty and/or GSPA.
Up to $500 once per fiscal year
- Student must be traveling in connection with a UWaterloo research activity, must be the first or second author of the paper or poster, and must present the paper or poster at a conference.
- Student must be a graduate student registered in a degree program at UWaterloo at the time of the conference.
- Student must submit the request for funding in advance of travel. Applications will not be considered after travel has occurred.
- Student must not have already received funding during the current fiscal year (May 1 – April 30).
- Student must secure partial travel funding support from at least one of the following: supervisor(s), Department/School, or Faculty and obtain signatures on the application.
- Award bursary application
- Complete the appropriate application on our forms page
- Attach required documentation (as per application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below
Full award guidelines can be found on the Graduate Studies Research Travel Assistantship application web page.