The goal of this award is to support domestic graduate students in the Faculty of Mathematics, who are engaged in research-based (thesis) programs. It is also aimed at reducing RA funding requirements from supervisors to encourage greater capacity for domestic graduate students, and at encouraging students and supervisors to work together to ensure timely completion of their programs. Students in a thesis based master’s program must be within the first six terms of their program, or seven terms if in the co-op program.
Doctoral students: $6,000 per year (split over 3 terms) Master's students: $3,000 per year (split over 3 terms)
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- enrolled full-time in a thesis based Master's or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Mathematics
- must have designated thesis supervisor(s)
- must not hold any tri-agency award (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC), Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Queen Elizabeth II – Graduate Scholarship in Science & Technology (QEII-GSST), Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- must maintain a minimum average of 80%
- MMath thesis students must be within the first 6 terms of their thesis-based Master's program or seven terms if in the co-op program.
- Doctoral students admitted from a bachelor directly must be within 18 terms of their doctoral program
- Doctoral students admitted after obtaining a Master's degree must be within the first 12 terms of their doctoral program
- Master's students who transfer to doctoral studies will start in the first term of their doctoral registration but will not extend beyond a total (master's and doctoral) of 18 terms of funding