This award was established to commemorate the spirit of the (1974) Walrus activities by a group of former graduate students of the Department of Political Science, University of Waterloo, who annually gather to salute their past association with graduate work. The recipient of this award must demonstrate a combination of good academic standing and financial need.
The value and/or number of Awards may change from year to year.
- Must be registered full time in the department of Political Science, in the Faculty of Arts and demonstrate good academic standing.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, as well as an Ontario resident (must have resided in Ontario for 12 months prior to beginning their post - secondary education).
- Must apply to OSAP for the term in which the award is due and provide a printout (screenshot) of their OSAP Funding Summary. Note: If a student has been restricted from applying to OSAP then they must instead provide proof that they are restricted.
- Must have demonstrated financial need. From their budget, within the Graduate Student Award application, their “Current term expenses” must exceed their “Current term income”. All amounts entered will be reviewed and only standard expenses will be allowed.
- Graduate Award Application
- Complete the Graduate Student Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below
Please contact the appropriate Manager, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards in Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) for further information regarding this award.