At a glance:
- February 1 (for admission in September)
- June 1 (for admission in January of the folowing year)
- October 1 (for admission in May of the following year)
Minimum admission requirements
- A thesis-based Master's degree from a university of recognized standing with a minimum 80% standing with demonstrated research capabilities.
- In order to be admitted to PhD candidacy, applicants must have demonstrated research capabilities. For this reason, should graduates with a Master's degree obtained without producing a research thesis desire to enter the PhD program, they must satisfy the Department that they are able to carry out independent research.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 80 (writing 22, speaking 20, reading 20, listening 18) IELTS 6.5 (writing 6.0, speaking 6.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,182.00 tuition and $703.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Study and living costs