On Nov 16 the following email was sent to the graduate students
From: Feridun Hamdullahpur, president and vice-chancellor
Subject: Winter 2021 academic schedule changes
- Winter term classes will begin January 11. All other winter term activities will begin as scheduled on January 4.
- Classes will be cancelled on March 15 and 16 to create a four-day weekend from March 13 to 16.
I know that you have all been working extremely hard this term, and that the additional stress and uncertainty caused by the pandemic and studying remotely may be taking a toll on your mental health.
After consulting with student leaders and other campus groups, we have decided to make some updates to the winter 2021 term schedule:
- We will be delaying the start of winter term classes until January 11. All other winter term activities (such as co-op work terms) will begin as usual on January 4.
- Classes will be cancelled on Monday, March 15 and Tuesday, March 16 to create a four-day weekend from March 13 to 16.
- Reading week will continue as planned February 13 to 21.
I hope these scheduled pauses provide some relief and allow you to catch up on studies and focus on your wellbeing:
We are still confirming some details and will announce more information about how these schedule changes will work as we get closer to the winter term.
Please remember, to take care of yourselves and each other as we continue into the term, and that help is available if you need it.