What Type of Co-op Jobs are Available to Students?
History students have proven to be adaptable, nimble employees qualified to work in a variety of positions, as seen in the list below of jobs currently held by our co-op students. Students who take the Arts & Business plan with an Honours History major often obtain the jobs listed in business, such as Business Analyst.
Jobs our co-op students have
Historians as Researchers
- Research Assistant, Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Research Assistant, University of Waterloo
- Research Assistant, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development
- Junior Research Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation
- Junior Research Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation
- Archives Assistant, Corporation of the County of Simcoe
Historians as Analysts
- Junior Analyst, Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Junior Policy Analyst, Ontario Ministry of Education
- Proposal Assistant, Open Text Corporation
- Security Analyst, Public Safety Canada
- Special Projects Analyst, University of Waterloo
- Junior Policy Analyst, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Junior Compliance Analyst, Indigenous Services Canada
Historians as Communicators
- Franklin Templeton Investments, Public Relations
- Communications Officer - Publications, Scotiabank
- Intern Co-ordinator, APEX Public Relations Inc.
- Human Resources Intern, Options Consulting Solutions
- Guest Services Staff, Waterloo Region Museum
- Customer Service, Paddlecore
- Customer Service, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Events Assistant, University of Waterloo
- Customer Communication Associate, Clearpath Robotics Inc.
- Interpreter, Waterloo Regional Museum
Historians as Information Managers
- Project Co-ordinator, Crawford and Company
- Junior Project Co-ordinator, eHealth Ontario
- Dragon Boat Co-ordinator, Paddlecore
- CPA Student Co-ordinator, University of Waterloo
- Leasing Administrative Assistant, Domus Student Housing Inc.
- RFP Co-ordinator, Sandvine Incorporated
- Co-op Services Associate, University of Waterloo
- Technical Support Representative, University of Waterloo
- Sector Advisor – Automotive Industry Branch, Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- Records Management – Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Historians as Educators
- English Tutor, Sheridan College
- Historical Teacher/Interpreter, Waterloo Region Museum
- Outdoor Education Intern, Toronto District School Board
Historians in Business
- Director of Sales, Power TakeOff
- Marketing Administrator, Rogers New Ventures
- Marketing Services Assistant, PEER Group Inc.
- Business Development Analyst, Brevitas Consulting Inc.
- Business Support Clerk, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Business Manager, Advantage House Painters Inc.
- Marketing Assistant, TunnelBear Inc.
- Business Support Analyst, Bank of Montreal
- Marketing and Business Development Co-ordinator, Historical Branding Solutions
- Sales Executive, Target Directories Corporation
- Marketing Intern, Viral Nation
- IT Business Analyst, Sun Life Financial
- Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Waterloo Region Economic Development Corporation
For more information and real-world examples of what you can do with a history degree, check out our Historians in the Workplace page.