Welcome to The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Our team strives to create a safe, welcoming space for students, staff and faculty to discuss concerns and seek guidance.
- Having trouble with a class-mate? Connect with us.
- Worried about something your boss said or did? Connect with us.
- Have you experienced, or been impacted by, unwanted comments or contact of a sexual nature? Connect with us.
We also collaborate to improve our campus community with training and education, great events and awesome promotions.
- Have an idea about how to improve equity on campus? Let's chat.
- Want to get involved to create a safer, more inclusive campus? Let's chat.
Learn more about how we can help:
The University of Waterloo desires to create an environment that supports, nurtures, and rewards its members on the basis of such relevant factors as work performance and achievement. Discrimination and harassment are not conducive to this environment.
- Jan. 21, 2019
Hosted by Sexual Violence Response Coordinator, Amanda Cook, the Consent Clothesline event will bring individuals from the campus community together to express, through arts and crafts, what consent means to them and provide messages of support to survivors.
Free snacks will be provided!
- Jan. 22, 2019
This one-hour Wen-Do Women's Self-Defence workshop is a taster session of the full 2 hour workshop that will be provided in the evening.
- Jan. 22, 2019
Wen-Do focuses on women's safety and empowerment, preparing participants to defend themselves both mentally and physically, and giving women the confidence to deal with the range of types of aggression they are most likely to encounter in real life.