Welcome to The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
Our team strives to create a safe, welcoming space for students, staff and faculty to discuss concerns and seek guidance.
- Having trouble with a class-mate? Connect with us.
- Worried about something your boss said or did? Connect with us.
- Have you experienced, or been impacted by, unwanted comments or contact of a sexual nature? Connect with us.
We also collaborate to improve our campus community with training and education, great events and awesome promotions.
- Have an idea about how to improve equity on campus? Let's chat.
- Want to get involved to create a safer, more inclusive campus? Let's chat.
Learn more about how we can help:
The University of Waterloo desires to create an environment that supports, nurtures, and rewards its members on the basis of such relevant factors as work performance and achievement. Discrimination and harassment are not conducive to this environment.
- Nov. 21, 2019
Through interactive exercises and discussions, the Men’s Circle will explore some of the ways in which men can become leaders in creating a safer campus for everyone.
- Nov. 27, 2019
Participants learn more about gender identity/expression, sexual identity, homophobia, heterosexism, bi-phobia, transphobia and how these intersect with other identities.
- Nov. 28, 2019
Part of our ongoing Brown Bag Lunch series with the goal of chatting informally about a wide variety of topics related to the Office of Human Rights, Equity, and Inclusion. This offering will be an informational session about recent updates to Policy 42 (Prevention & Response to Sexual Violence) at the University of Waterloo. Come bring your lunch and join us for this informal discussion!
Audience: Students, Faculty and Staff