Welcome to The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Our team strives to create a safe, welcoming space for students, staff and faculty to discuss concerns and seek guidance.
- Having trouble with a class-mate? Connect with us.
- Worried about something your boss said or did? Connect with us.
- Have you experienced, or been impacted by, unwanted comments or contact of a sexual nature? Connect with us.
We also collaborate to improve our campus community with training and education, great events and awesome promotions.
- Have an idea about how to improve equity on campus? Let's chat.
- Want to get involved to create a safer, more inclusive campus? Let's chat.
Our offices are currently located in the Commissary (COMS) building next to the safety office.
Learn more about how we can help:
The University of Waterloo desires to create an environment that supports, nurtures, and rewards its members on the basis of such relevant factors as work performance and achievement. Discrimination and harassment are not conducive to this environment.
- Apr. 25 to 27, 2019
The University of Waterloo, Conestoga College and Wilfrid Laurier University are proud to host the 2019 Senior Women's Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC) Conference in Waterloo Region! The 2019 conference will explore the importance of allyship in the institution.
- Apr. 26, 2019
Open to current Space Makers, this workshop provides participants the tools needed to facilitate the Making Spaces workshops.
Participants will also receive practical recommendations and support to enable them to serve and to support the UWaterloo community and be an ally for social equality and equity.