Welcome to The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Our team strives to create a safe, welcoming space for students, staff and faculty to discuss concerns and seek guidance.
- Having trouble with a class-mate? Connect with us.
- Worried about something your boss said or did? Connect with us.
- Have you experienced, or been impacted by, unwanted comments or contact of a sexual nature? Connect with us.
We also collaborate to improve our campus community with training and education, great events and awesome promotions.
- Have an idea about how to improve equity on campus? Let's chat.
- Want to get involved to create a safer, more inclusive campus? Let's chat.
Our offices are currently located in the Commissary (COMS) building next to the safety office.
Learn more about how we can help:
The University of Waterloo desires to create an environment that supports, nurtures, and rewards its members on the basis of such relevant factors as work performance and achievement. Discrimination and harassment are not conducive to this environment.
- June 4, 2019
Participants learn more about gender identity/expression, sexual identity, homophobia, heterosexism, bi-phobia, transphobia and how these intersect with other identities.
- June 19, 2019
Hosted by the Equity Office and the Research Diversity and Equity Council, our panel of female Deans and Senior Administrators at the University of Waterloo will describe their own path to academic leadership roles, discuss important leadership qualities, how to balance work and life, and overcoming stereotypes of female and minority leaders.
Dr. Diana Parry
Dr. Charmaine Dean
Dr. Pearl Sullivan
Dr. Jean Andrey
Dr. Anita Layton