Our service standards outline the level of service that can be expected from library staff.
- Staff are approachable, available, engaged, and follow the Basic Principles of the University of Waterloo
- Service is reliable, timely, and meets the needs of students, staff, and faculty
- Responses are accurate and promote learning and skills development when possible
- Referrals to appropriate specialists/experts within the Library are seamless
- Quality of service matches the values and goals expressed in the Library Mission Statement and the Customer Service Commitment to People with Disabilities
These standards apply during the regular work week (excludes weekends, University holidays and days the University is closed).
Let us know how we did! Use Ask us to provide feedback on our services.
1 These expectations pertain to library staff-patron interactions as well as library staff-library staff interactions.
2 These expectations pertain to the Library’s public space as well as library staff-patron interactions.
3 When this is not possible (typically due to a weather-related emergency) the Library’s home page and the message on the Library’s main phone menu will be updated to indicate that the Library is closed.