Welcome! This service is available to University of Waterloo faculty, postdoctoral fellows, students and staff.
The service is limited to print materials in Omni, the Library's catalogue, listed as "available" and where a digital version is not readily available at our Library. Omni searches and displays results from 18 partner libraries throughout Ontario.
- Place your request through Omni, the Library's catalogue.
- After locating the item, sign in using your WatIAM credentials.
- If the item is available at a Waterloo Library:
- You will see “available at..”
- Click on this, and select either
- “Get if from a Waterloo Library” OR
- “Request a digitized chapter/article/excerpt”
- If it’s not available at a Waterloo library:
- Click on “Not available locally, click for more options”
- Select “Get it from another library”
- Fill out the appropriate details and select your preferred pickup location from the drop-down list.
- Click “Submit”.
- You will see a "Your request was successfully placed" message and you will also be able to see your request in your library account.
Notification of availability
- Book pickup
- Requests will be processed as they come in. Library staff will contact you if there are any available digital versions or other questions about your request.
- You will receive notification for each print item that is available for pickup.
- Your item will be held for 7 days from the date you receive your notice.
- Each of the locations have their own hours and protocols.
- Books by mail:
- Requested items will be mailed out to any address within Canada or campus office location.
- As part of the process, patrons will receive an email asking for confirmation of the mailing address. If your request is for a book from an OMNI partner library, you will also receive a second notice from that university.
- Prepaid return shipping labels will be provided for off-campus addresses.
Picking up requests
- One piece of ID is required to pickup your materials (WatCard preferred).
- NOTE: Please do not sanitize library materials as these chemicals will likely cause damage.
Other campus print pickup services
Pharmacy graduate students, faculty and postdoctoral fellows can request to borrow print materials from the Pharmacy Resource Centre by sending an email with details about the book(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get help with your request
Contact your librarian for help finding resources in Omni, our catalogue, or in finding alternative resources to materials that are not yet available through the Print Pickup @ Porter service.