Got coordinates? Or maybe an aerial photo with no spatial reference? Come learn the basics of editing with Esri’s ArcGIS software. This workshop builds on “Getting Started with ArcGIS” (a recommended prerequisite for those with no previous GIS experience) and introduces users to simple methods for creating new data and editing existing data.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to
- create points, lines, and polygons from scratch,
- add XY coordinate data to your map,
- plot addresses from a table on your map (geocoding),
- use the editing templates and tools in ArcMap, and
- geo-locate aerial imagery in real space (georeferencing).