Reference management software
This software saves time by allowing you to:
- search and export citations from library databases and catalogues
- format them in the citation style of your choice
- organize, edit and annotate citations you have collected
- insert in-text citations, footnotes and bibliographies into your Word document
- share your citations and collaborate with colleagues
Choosing a reference manager
There are many software options available. The most popular among students and researchers are:
- RefWorks (supported by the Library) - two versions available:
This comparison of reference management software (courtesy of University of Toronto Library) can help you chose the best reference manager for you.
RefWorks is fully supported by the Library, and is free for the University of Waterloo community. You can export your citations directly to RefWorks from our library catalogue and many library subscription databases.
If you need help, you can: