Create a data management plan
Use DMP Assistant: a tool to help prepare a data management plan.
*Note: The platform will be unavailable from Monday, February 22 to Monday, March 1, 2021 in preparation for the launch of the DMP Assistant 2.0. We recommend that you please save and/or export any existing DMPs/data that you may require during the shutdown period.
- When you SIGN UP, choose the University of Waterloo as your ORGANIZATION
Deposit your data in a repository
We recommend using a discipline-specific repository or one that is mandated by funding agencies or journals.
Get help in finding repositories:
- re3data.org: Registry of Research Data Repositories
- Find research data repositories from various academic disciplines
If you are not using a discipline-specific repository, here are some general options:
- Federated Research Data Repository
- Good for file sizes up to 50 GB