Your instructor uses course reserves to provide you with access to selected readings from print and electronic resources such as books, lecture notes, e-books, e-journal articles, and scanned excerpts.
Accessing Course reserves
- From the Student Portal, click on “widgets” and select “course materials”. Click the arrow beside an item to log in to course reserves to get call number, loan period and location information, and to view an electronic item.
- From Waterloo LEARN, click on the "get course reserves" link in the library resources widget on your course home page.
- From the Library’s home page, click on Course reserves and login using your Waterloo Identity and Access Management (WatIAM) (Quest) username and password.
- If the courses you are registered in for the current term have material on reserve, they will be listed in the "my courses" table on the student main menu screen.
- Click on a course to see a list of items on reserve.
- Click on an item’s title to find out call number, location, and current availability information for hard copy reserves and to view eReserves.
- Please bring the call number to the Circulation desk when you want to borrow a hard copy item.
- To organize your course reserves, you can check the box next to an item and add it to a hot list. They appear in a separate table on the main menu screen and can be accessed quickly when you need them.
- Find out when new items become available on reserve by subscribing to email notification or an Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed.
Borrowing Course reserves
- You may borrow two reserves at a time.
- Reserves may be taken out of the Library, but must be returned to the location where they were borrowed.
- Fines for overdue reserves:
- five cents per minute to a maximum of $100 per item for one hour and three-hour loans.
- $20 per day to a maximum of $100 per item for one day and three day loans.
- Reserves may be renewed in person only if another copy is available on shelf. If all copies of a reserve item are out on loan, you will have to wait 15 minutes before borrowing the item again.
- Mobile devices may be renewed by phone provided another copy of the same device is available on the shelf.
- Holds on one-day or three-day reserves may be placed in person at the Circulation desk up to one week in advance.
- One advanced hold per item, per patron is allowed in the same week.
- Holds must be picked up by 12 noon on weekdays or 2:00 p.m. on weekends.
Contact Course reserves (519-888-4567)
- Dana Porter Library: email@example.com, ext. 33648
- Davis Centre Library: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 33761
- Musagetes Architecture Library: email@example.com, ext. 27649
- School of Optometry & Vision Science (Witer Learning Resource Centre): firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 38875
- Conrad Grebel University College (Milton Good Library): LibCGC@library.uwaterloo.ca, ext. 24239
- Renison University College (Lusi Wong Library): email@example.com, ext. 28646
- St. Jerome’s University Library: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 28240