Your instructor uses course reserves to provide you with access to selected readings from print and electronic resources such as books, lecture notes, e-books, e-journal articles, and scanned excerpts.
Accessing Course reserves
- From Waterloo LEARN, click on the "get course reserves" link in the library resources widget on your course home page.
- From the Library’s home page, click on Course reserves and login using your Waterloo Identity and Access Management (WatIAM) (Quest) username and password.
- If the courses you are registered in for the current term have material on reserve, they will be listed in the "my courses" table on the student main menu screen.
- Click on a course to see a list of items on reserve.
- Click on an item’s title to find out call number, location, and current availability information for hard copy reserves and to view eReserves.
- Please bring the call number to the Circulation desk when you want to borrow a hard copy item.
- To organize your course reserves, you can check the box next to an item and add it to a hot list. They appear in a separate table on the main menu screen and can be accessed quickly when you need them.
- Find out when new items become available on reserve by subscribing to email notification or an Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed.
Borrowing Course reserves
- You may borrow two reserves at a time.
- Reserves may be taken out of the Library, but must be returned to the location where they were borrowed.
- Fines for overdue reserves:
- five cents per minute to a maximum of $100 per item for one hour and three-hour loans.
- $20 per day to a maximum of $100 per item for one day and three day loans.
- Reserves may be renewed in person only if another copy is available on shelf. If all copies of a reserve item are out on loan, you will have to wait 15 minutes before borrowing the item again.
- Mobile devices may be renewed by phone provided another copy of the same device is available on the shelf.
- Holds on one-day or three-day reserves may be placed in person at the Circulation desk up to one week in advance.
- One advanced hold per item, per patron is allowed in the same week.
- Holds must be picked up by 12 noon on weekdays or 2:00 p.m. on weekends.
Contact Course reserves (519-888-4567)
- Dana Porter Library: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 33648
- Davis Centre Library: email@example.com, ext. 33761
- Musagetes Architecture Library: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 27649
- School of Optometry & Vision Science (Witer Learning Resource Centre): email@example.com, ext. 38875
- Conrad Grebel University College (Milton Good Library): LibCGC@library.uwaterloo.ca, ext. 24239
- Renison University College (Lusi Wong Library): firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 28646
- St. Jerome’s University Library: email@example.com, ext. 28240