Create a data management plan
Use DMP Assistant: a tool to help prepare a data management plan.
- When you SIGN UP, choose the University of Waterloo as your ORGANIZATION
Deposit your data in a repository
We recommend using a discipline-specific repository or one that is mandated by funding agencies or journals.
Here are some sources to help find repositories:
- Gateway to Research Data
- Maintained by the National Research Council Canada, it provides access to Canadian scientific, technical and medical data sets & to other data repositories
- re3data.org: Registry of Research Data Repositories
- Find research data repositories from different academic disciplines
If you don't find a discipline-specific repository, here are some general options:
- Best for files less than 2GBs
- For datasets up to 5GBs
- For datasets up to 50 GBs