Take a workshop – Strengthen your research skills!
- Book a library tour
- Introduction to Archival Research
- Market Research As Your Competitive Advantage
- Systematic Reviews for Social Science Researchers
The University of Waterloo Library is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact the Library Instruction Committee in advance if you have any particular accommodations requirements (two weeks preferred.)
Join us to learn about basic archival research, navigating a finding aid, and to see firsthand some items from the Special Collections & Archives vault.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM in the Dana Porter FlexLab (LIB 329)
Beyond talent, drive and innovative ideas, solid market research will always be your sure bet for entrepreneurial success. Foster your competitive advantage with this workshop to make the best use of the market research resources and services available to you at the Library.
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM in the Davis Centre Library conference room (DC 1568)
Take your literature review one step further. This workshop is geared towards graduate students and researchers who wish to conduct a systematic review for either a thesis, coursework or journal publication. A ‘systematic review’, as opposed to a traditional literature review, uses a structured methodology to answer a focused research question. It is transparent, reproducible, and involves an exhaustive search of the literature using explicit criteria for study selection. By the end of this workshop you will have gained an understanding of systematic review methods in the social sciences and the components of a systematic search. Both Jackie Stapleton and Sarah Brown have extensive experience as collaborators on systematic review research teams and will be drawing directly from their experiences for this presentation.
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM in the Dana Porter FlexLab (LIB 329)
To book a Library tour, please contact