MEET + MOVE challenge
October 16 to 31, 2019
Join us for the Wellness Collaborative’s first MEET + MOVE Challenge! Put your walking shoes on, get out of the
bored boardroom, and add some movement to your meetings.
Follow along with Library staff as we set our meetings on motion on the MEET + MOVE blog.
A meeting that is done while walking or engaging in any other convenient physical activity. It can be either indoors or outdoors.
All members of the University of Waterloo community are encouraged to participate - staff, faculty AND students!
Moving (or walking) meetings can have a positive impact on your creativity and mental well-being, and can strengthen social bonds. Getting into the habit will help to decrease sedentary behaviour and raise awareness about building physical activity into your work or school day.
- Every time you participate in a moving meeting with your colleagues, let us know for a chance to win a prize!
- Post the MEET + MOVE pledge [PDF] on your office door to show your support
- Download the MEET + MOVE poster [PDF] for your office or department bulletin board
- Share the MEET + MOVE tip sheet [PDF] with friends and coworkers
- Share a photo of your meeting on Twitter with the hashtag #UWMoves
- Check out the MEET + MOVE blog to learn more about moving meetings from Library staff champions