Triple P Positive Parenting Group
Happier Families. Better Relationships.
This group is now accepting referrals. Please see below for group information and referral instructions.
Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) is an evidence-based 8-week group intervention that offers parents simple and practical parenting skills and strategies. The program can be helpful for parents who have children ages 3 years to 11 years with challenging behaviors and who would like to learn new ideas and to gain support from other parents in a similar situation. It can also be helpful for parents who simply want to gain confidence and new ideas in parenting, especially given the additional and unusual challenges of parenting during a pandemic.
HOW to REFER to Triple P: Interested parents are invited to complete the PPP Intake Information Form. The Director will then contact the parent to schedule a short telephone intake screen to discuss the program and determine whether it is a good fit for their family.
FACILITATORS: Dr. Marjory Phillips (supervisor) with experienced graduate students in clinical psychology
WHEN: January 17th to March 7th, 2024
TIME: Wednesday nights from 6 to 7:30 pm
WHERE: In-Class Group Sessions and Individual Video Conference Sessions
What is Triple P?
- Group parenting program based on research evidence and used in 35 countries
- Opportunity to meet other parents in similar situations
- Provides tips and strategies to suit the individual needs of your family
- Includes a handy workbook with parenting tools and information
- Includes video and demonstrations to put ideas into practice
When does it start?
- Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7:30pm from January 17 to March 7, 2024
- 6 in class group 90 min sessions: Jan 17, Jan 24, Jan 31, Feb 7, Feb 14, Mar 7
- 2 individual 30 minute video conference sessions: week of Feb 21 & Feb 28
Who is it for?
- Parents of children ages 3 to 11 years
- Parents seeking strategies to manage challenging child behaviors
- Parents wanting to learn new ideas, to reduce parenting stress, or to feel more confident in their parenting
What does it cost?
- The group program fees are $200 for the 8-week program
- There is an additional cost of $30 for the parent workbook
- Subsidies are possible
How do I sign up?
- Interested parents should email the UW CMHRT at firstname.lastname@example.org and should say that they are interested in Triple P or complete the online PPP Intake Information Form. Spaces are limited.
- We will arrange a short telephone call to discuss your parenting goals and to determine whether this program can best meet your needs.
*We hope to offer this group in person. Please let us know if you prefer or need a virtual group.