Our Centre for Mental Health Research and Treatment (CMHRT) does not have a full-time counselling staff, psychiatrist or emergency services, and treatment here is conducted under supervision. As such, our centre cannot provide services when there is a risk of frequent or severe crisis or involvement with the law. We do not provide services for the following:
- Assessments for legal issues (e.g., capacity/child custody and access, intellectual fitness)
- Families in the midst of custody deliberations
- Treatment for alcohol and substance abuse/dependence, or treatment for other problems (e.g., anxiety) if the person is currently dependent on alcohol or street drugs
- Psychotic disorders
- Acute eating disorders
- Problems that are associated with a high risk of legal involvement (e.g., violence, criminal behaviour)
- Problems that are associated with frequent and/or severe crises (e.g., actively suicidal and unwilling to contract to not act on thoughts, chronic self-harming behaviour).