Arranging Services

How to arrange services

You can contact the Centre for Mental Health Research and Treatment (CMHRT) directly to arrange services; that is, we do not require a referral from your physician or other health care provider. In the case of children the custodial parent or legal guardian must be the one to contact us. In the case of adults, the adult her/himself must contact us.

To arrange services please contact us at:

519-888-4567, x33842

Service fees

Arranging Services

For clients who are not UW students, we charge for our services based on sliding fee scales. Our fees for a comprehensive psychological assessment range from $500 to $2200, our fees for individual psychotherapy range from $50 to $150 per hour, and our fees for group therapy range from $60 to $100 per weekly session, based on what you feel you can afford given your income and the financial demands on your family. For UW students, we provide special fee arrangements.

For our comprehensive psychological assessments, we ask clients to pay half of the total fees about halfway through the assessment and the remainder at the end of the assessment. For individual psychotherapy and group therapy, fees are due after each session. We accept cheque, debit, Visa, or Mastercard. We will provide you with a receipt of payment suitable for submission for tax or insurance purposes.

For more details on our fees, please refer to Fees for Individual Therapy , Fees for Assessment Fees for Social Anxiety Group Therapy , Fees for Friends For Life Group Therapy , and UW Student Fees .

Insurance coverage

Many insurance providers offer coverage for psychological services through extended benefits. Even though our clinicians are not Registered Psychologists, they are supervised by Registered Psychologists, and thus provide bona fide psychological services which are usually eligible for insurance coverage. However, some insurance companies have a very strict policy that psychological services will only be covered if they are directly provided by a registered psychologist, so be sure to consult your insurer.

The receipt of payment for our services includes the clinician's name, supervisor’s name and College of Psychologists of Ontario registration number, as well as the name and registration number of the Director of the Centre for Mental Health Research and Treatment.