Areas of interest
Ethics of War and Peace (especially post-war reconstruction), Human Rights, Global Justice, Kant's Moral and Political Philosophy, Happiness
- The Morality of War (Broadview, 2nd ed., 2013).
- An Introduction to International Studies (Oxford University Press, 2012).
- Human Rights: Concept and Context (Broadview, 2003).
Selected grants, fellowships, awards
2011: Distinguished Visiting Professor of Human Rights, University of Lund (Sweden), Sept. 2011.
2007: three named, keynote lectures at the major American military schools: a) Burkhart Lecturer, U.S. Military Academy (West Point, Nov. 8th); b) Stutt Lecturer, U.S. Naval Academy (Annapolis, March 18th); and McDermott Lecturer, U.S. Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, March 8th)
2003: "Choice" designates my book, Human Rights: Concept and Context, an "Outstanding Academic Title of 2003"
- Unwritten Law
- Human Rights to Education
- The Right of Ownership, especially of Intellectual Property
- Balsillie School of International Affairs
- The Strategic Cyber-Deterrence Research Initiative (Oxford University)
- The War Crimes Network (Oxford University)