Areas of interest
Logic, Philosophy of Mathematics, Metaphysics, Philosophy of Disability, and Philosophy of Language
2014: “Advocacy, Autism and Autonomy,” in Autism and Philosophy, edited by Jami Anderson and Simon Cushing, eds., Rowman and Littlefield.
- 2011: “The Municipal By-Laws of Thought,” in Logic, Mathematics, Philosophy: Vintage Enthusiasms (Springer, co-edited with Michael Hallett and Peter Clark).
- 2001: Logical Options: An Introduction to Classical and Alternative Logics (Broadview, with John L. Bell and Graham Solomon).
Selected grants, fellowships, awards
- 2015- 2016: University of Waterloo Award of Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- 2009-2016: Principal Investigator, SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada) Standard Research Grant, “Pluralisms, Logical and Mathematical.”
- Non-classical (constructive/intuitionistic, intermediate, relevant, modal) logics, especially in relation to metaphysics
- Philosophy of logic and of mathematics (foundations, vagueness, paradoxes, pluralism)
- Philosophy of disability
Office: HH 359